From concept, initial design development and initiation, through to planning, construction and final deliverance of the end product we can meet all your project management needs. We utilise our extensive range of skills, experience, tools and expertise to ensure both client and project goals are met and exceeded. Our project managers work within time, cost and deliverable parameters to ensure every element is tailored to each specific project to produce a successful outcome for our clients.Read more
Project management is the practice of initiating, planning, executing, controlling and closing the work of a team to achieve specific project objectives within agreed parameters. The primary challenge of project management is to achieve all of the project objectives / requirements / goals within the agreed project constraints with time, cost and quality generally considered the project’s fundamental constraints.
A key factor that distinguishes project management from just ‘management’ is that projects have a finite timespan, unlike management which is an ongoing process. Because of this a project professional needs to utilise a wide range of skills, knowledge, tools, experience, deliverables, people management techniques, soft skills and good business awareness to successfully manage a project.
The Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK) states that there are nine elements of project management. At TPS we adapt these nine elements to tailor each element to address our client’s requirements.
- Project Integration Management: is the over-arching management of the other eight elements from the initial project contact to developing project framework and project plans to closing out the project.
- Scope Management: understanding the scope is often a challenge and defining that scope of works requires the soft skills TPS is well-known as having. Obtaining briefs from our clients to ensure we ask the right questions assists TPS in defining that scope back to the client for their approval. Once the scope is approved, TPS manages the process of delivering on that scope and managing any changes throughout the duration of the project.
- Time Management: relates to the master planning and detailed planning of the project. Based on our extensive industry experience TPS defines the activities and project milestones that need to be completed as part of the project and determines the time frame in which activities should be completed. All activities from client reviews to statutory approvals and construction time frames are included. After the time frame is agreed TPS manages and tracks the program to ensure the project is tracking as per schedule.
- Cost Management: relates to everything cost related with the project to maximise the value for the client. TPS has assisted in drafting briefing notes to obtaining funding as well as forecasting costs and managing the costs associated with a project. TPS reviews and assesses every claim / variation for compliance against scope and contract before drafting a recommendation for the client’s approval.
- Quality Management: is all about the deliverables of a project to ensure they achieve the project’s agreed scope of works to meet the overall project objectives. TPS has a hands-on approach to ensure the quality is clearly defined at the commencement of a project right through to controlling the quality from design development to construction to hand-over.
- Human Resource Management: projects require people to develop and construct them. Putting the right team in place to carry out the design and construction of the project is critical to the success of the project. TPS’ adeptness to use the soft skills learnt through thousands of man hours leading and motivating teams from multiple disciplines to manage challenging teams and / or individuals allows TPS to get the most from them to benefit the project.
- Communication Management: is essential for a successful project. TPS establishes communication plans at the beginning of a project and identifies key stakeholders and the level of information they require throughout the project. TPS understands there is a time for an email and there is a time for a phone call, coffee catch-up or meeting, which will be beneficial to the successful outcome of the project. Ensuring that everyone has the right information at the right time is the key for effective and efficient communication.
- Risk Management: is not only the adverse elements that may impact a project; it also includes the opportunities that evolve as part of the project. With over 80 combined years TPS has in-depth understanding of the construction industry over multi-faceted projects within both the government and private sectors. TPS can identify the risks associated with a project and look at ways to measure and mitigate risks to ensure the risk rating is understood, monitored and managed to reduce the overall project risk.
- Procurement Management: is the purchasing of goods and services to deliver the project. There are many ways to procure different elements of a project from open tendering to direct negotiation with government agencies having specific processes that must be followed. TPS has worked for local and state agencies for over 50 years and completely understands this process and associated probity along with the various contracts used within the construction industry. Once the goods and services are purchased TPS administers the contract to ensure the goods and services are delivered as agreed in contract documentation.
Project management is about knowing exactly what your project goals are, how you’re going to achieve them, what resources you’ll need, and how long it will take you to reach that specific goal.
As a client-side project manager, TPS can manage all aspects of a project on your behalf. We ensure our clients are fully informed to make decisions that will achieve their vision.